For Immediate Release
August 12, 2020
Robin Teater, Executive Director
Ph: 503-841-6865; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT: Oregon Citizen Assembly on COVID-19 Recovery
Thirty-six diverse citizens from across Oregon will share results of seven weeks of discussion and deliberations on key questions relevant to the State’s COVID-19 economic recovery.
WHEN: Thursday, Aug. 27, 6-6:30 p.m.
Livestream Link for media: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3741S7Een3396QsAUEVBMw
WHO: Oregon Senator Jeff Golden and others will join 36 citizens from across Oregon who participated in Oregon’s first virtual Citizen Assembly, facilitated by Healthy Democracy in partnership with Oregon’s Kitchen Table. The brief agenda will include:
- Welcome & Acknowledgements (Robin Teater, Healthy Democracy)
- Oregon’s Kitchen Table remarks (Wendy Willis, Portland State University / Oregon’s Kitchen Table)
- Citizen Assembly Process Overview (Linn Davis, Healthy Democracy)
- Citizen Assembly Recommendations (read by Citizen Panelists)
- Comments by Senator Jeff Golden, D/Ashland District 3
- Closing remarks (Robin Teater / Wendy Willis)
WHY: Everyday Oregonians have important insights, opinions and voices, especially at this critical juncture in paving the way for Oregon’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
Thursday, August 27, from 6 to 6:30 p.m. is the culminating live YouTube event to share recommendations following seven weeks of discussion and deliberation by 36 diverse individuals across the state on key issues, convened by two Oregon-based nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations Healthy Democracy and Oregon’s Kitchen Table, a program of the National Policy Consensus Center in the College of Urban and Public Affairs at Portland State University.